10 AI Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
AI video enhancers for improving video quality online serve as reliable assistants for content creators, website developers, and anyone in need of regular and swift assistance in enhancing video quality.
There are both free and paid AI-based services that address this issue. Video resolution enhancement, clarity and brightness improvement – all of this is handled by AI tools. But how well do they perform? How to choose the right one? Find all this in our article.
Can You Improve Video Quality Using Artificial Intelligence?
You can use artificial intelligence in video editing, and in video quality improvement as well. This process is called automated video enhancement or restoration and involves the use of algorithms to improve the resolution, color, and contrast of the video. The results can sometimes be quite impressive, making old videos look as if they were shot with modern equipment. However, it’s important to note that the final result depends on the quality of the original material, and achieving a perfect result is not always possible.
As we all know, ChatGPT has become very popular lately and has been showing excellent results. Self-learning AI can easily do what is difficult for a human, just like an AI video enhancer. Let’s take HitPaw Video Enhancer as an example. If you want to improve the resolution or quality of old video, you just need to:
- Add the file with an old video to HitPaw Video Enhancer;
- Choose a suitable AI model for the old material;
- Preview or export the video directly.
You can view a screenshot of the enhanced video:
4 Free AI Video Enhancers for Video Quality Improvement
AI video quality improvement tools allow you to enhance resolution and adjust brightness, saturation, and contrast of videos. Let’s explore which of these free AI video enhancers are suitable for your tasks and can help restore quality of a video you need.
By the way, if you need to improve quality of your images, here’s a list of 8 best AI image enhancers!
Ashampoo Video Optimizer
Ashampoo Video Optimizer has wide range of options and can be called a professional video-editor. Moreover, it helps turn average-quality video into a masterpiece. With it, you can stabilize shaky footage, correct color balance, and sharpen the image. And user-friendly interface is a cherry on top.
- Video content becomes brighter and gains advertising format;
- There is a special tilt-shift function that blurs the frame where needed;
- Removes “fish-eye” effect from both videos and photos;
- Videos become sharper and brighter;
- High ISO settings can produce noise. The AI tool helps eliminate it.
Pikavue software is a top-notch AI-driven video upscaling service. Also, this is a free AI video enhancer. Its advantages include quality enhancement without limitations, and it can even turn fairly low-quality videos into Full HD.
- Can increase the resolution up to 4 times and quality up to 4K UHD;
- Video can be compressed quite significantly;
- The service develops AI for deep learning video processing on their own;
- Your video quality will be elevated to unprecedented levels.
Lightworks software is a popular service that allows you to edit almost any video of any resolution, including 2K, 4K, and HD. This platform uses machine learning for video enhancement as well. You can also export your video for YouTube, Vimeo, and other similar video services.
- Video timeline editing is quite easy;
- Creation of 2D and 3D titles;
- Lightworks allows you to share clips or commercials with others;
- You can customize labels;
- Supports multiple languages in case your English is not excellent;
- Cutting videos is pretty straightforward;
- Linux is supported, as well as basic Windows and Mac OS.
Clip Champ software is an AI video enhancer designed to improve the quality and convert videos into clips with higher data. The system offers the ability to work with customizable templates. You can overlay specific soundtracks on stock frames.
- You can not only enhance the video quality but also compress it;
- You can rotate or crop videos;
- The image library allows you to create videos according to your requirements;
- You can always reduce the size of your video or convert it to MP4.
The AI-based services mentioned above can work for free for those who are not ready or unable to pay for video editing. Now, we will tell you about paid AI tools for video quality enhancement.
By the way, AI is used not only to process images but to generate them as well. For example, Midjourney or Stable Diffusion, and so on. But here’s the thing – if you want to generate NSFW content, they are of no use. What is, then? Check our top-list of 9 nude AI image generators and undressing services to learn more.
6 Paid AI Video Enhancers for Video Quality Enhancement
If the capabilities of free AI video enhancers are not sufficient for your tasks, there are always paid services, some of which offer free trial periods or money-back guarantees.
AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI
AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI is an AI-based software designed to enhance the video quality or images from SD to HD (720p or 1080p), up to 4K and even 8K. This not only improves overall visibility but also enhances picture clarity and sharpness.
- Video quality can be improved from SD to 4K or 8K without much difficulty and quickly;
- Video processing is fully automated without the need for adjusting variables;
- Faces in the video are also automatically recognized;
- Super Resolution creates additional pixels to improve image accuracy without losing meaning;
- Multi-frame enhancement is achieved through the use of a neural network.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Premiere is a professional service that works well for enhancing the clarity of your video. You can easily convert your promotional video to AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved), MXF (Material Exchange Format), and other formats without much difficulty.
- Video formatting occurs automatically;
- Assistance in managing curve corrections;
- Audio and video can be mixed in any style.
Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X is designed to increase rendering speed and create effects, providing for AI video sharpening as well. It can also be used as video noise reduction AI tool.
- Automatically syncs up to 64 video angles;
- Intuitive set of tools for creating subtitles in various formats;
- Faster rendering of effects and exports;
- You can add 2D and 3D titles to 360° videos, as well as apply glow and blur effects;
- Post-production processes become much faster with these tools.
Pinnacle Studio stands out with its advanced color correction tools. These tools help enhance your video quality. With over 2000 effects and stabilization for shaky videos, users can enhance their videos.
- You can edit videos in 4K and HD formats;
- Video scaling is available;
- You can split videos into segments;
- The software is suitable for editing videos of any quality.
Topaz Video Enhance AI
Topaz Video Enhance AI is one of the most popular paid services for video resolution enhancement. This can be done for individual videos or in batches. It supports formats such as DVD, DSLR, Game, and HD stock videos with various filters.
- Turns low-resolution videos into high-resolution ones;
- Enhances video quality to up to 8K after resolution improvement;
- Analyzes a large number of videos simultaneously;
- Great for YouTube videos, advertisements, and filmmaking.
PowerDirector is a program for enhancing video quality using artificial intelligence. It allows adding shapes and objects to videos that can be customized. The application is supported on many platforms, including Windows, macOS, Android, etc. It supports motion graphics and animated titles.
- You can create videos with a 1:1 aspect ratio;
- The number of ready-made templates with and without music is impressive;
- Offers fast and slow-motion effects;
- Color distortion can be corrected directly in the video;
- Frame stabilization is done almost instantly.
Can AI Video Enhancers Replace Video-Editing and Special Effects Specialists?
From what we wrote, it may seem to somebody that AI tools are imposing a threat to human video editing specialists. It’s not really like that, though.
Last year has definitely become the year of artificial intelligence. One of the first fields where AI seems to be fully integrating is the video editing business. But is it a threat to video-editing specialists? Moreover, are there any methods (and some research supporting them) that suggest AI won’t be able to completely replace a human editor?
Well, there are certain factors that will not let AI replace humans in this aspect.
- Authentic Human Emotions. According to an article published by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, AI is already attempting to deal with human emotions. However, artificial intelligence struggles to keep up with emotions simply due to a lack of a substantial amount of data — especially in terms of machine learning related to human voice and facial expressions. This means that AI may be able to reproduce genuine human emotions and, consequently, use this information for making complex decisions in video editing processes to convey these emotions.
- Irony. Irony can be challenging to explain to someone encountering it for the first time, let alone to a machine or algorithm. It is tied to human experience and can be quite difficult (if not impossible) to link to a specific facial expression or any other data point that AI can track.
- Free Associations and Improvisation. The same applies to anything related to free associations or improvisation. It can be said that improvisation itself is a form of an algorithm. A person takes a cue, passes it through their own human experience, and presents the same information as before but altered according to who they are and their own creative process. For video editors, elements of free associations and improvisation are also much more prevalent than one might think. Since there is obviously never a single path to follow when taking raw footage and assembling it into a video, the amount of free improvisation that an editor has to do is virtually endless. While artificial intelligence can make many similar decisions, its complex algorithm will never be more unique (or, specifically, more human) than yours.
- Natural Timing. Natural synchronization is something that AI is likely to always struggle with, and synchronization is a huge part of video editing. There are certain rules regarding the number of frames, but even the strictest video editors will tell you that they can vary depending on how the editor feels the natural timing of a scene. A difference of one or two seconds can significantly alter the feeling.
There are plenty of excellent AI video enhancers available to improve video quality, and they efficiently assist with various tasks. Depending on functionality, cost, and the availability of a free version or trial period, you can choose the option that suits you best.
Can an AI tool enhance video quality? How does it do it?
What free AI video enhancers are there?
Can an AI video enhancer that improves video quality and increases resolution replace a full-fledged human specialist?
What are the drawbacks of AI tools working with video?
Can an AI tool enhance video quality up to 4K?